Monday, December 24, 2007

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!!

Hey!!

Here we are, one day before Christmas!! You know how much I love Xmas!! I like listening to Christmas songs, seeing all the decorations, buying christmas gifts ...
Even if this winter I cannot often go out because of my health, I feel really lucky, because my mom's decorated all my room to make me feel happy, with lots of garlands, fairy lights, a little christmas tree ... She also surprised me by taking me to the Champs-Elysées two weeks ago, to show me all the christmas decorations. It's amazing and really beautiful, and most of the stores there have decorated their windows. And when you go there, it just smells christmas and I love it. The only deceiving point there is there is no big christmas tree, like for example in Galeries Lafayette, or at the Rockefeller Center in NYC. There are only few small white christmas trees at a small traffic circle there. I thing it's really too bad, because that's the Champs-Elysées. It's such a big and famous place, where so many french people and tourists go everyday ...
My mom and I went to Starbucks there to drink a hot chocolate, and I've never seen a such fancy Starbucks before haha, It's obvious we were on the Champs-Elysées.


In my opinion, I thing we don't celebrate Christmas enough in France, especially compared with Germany or the US (where we can see many great decorations outside and where people decorate their houses pretty well). It's too bad ...
The only part where people celebrate Christmas a lot is the east part, just next to Germany. The Christmas market in Strasbourg is very famous! They talk about it every year on TV, and it looks gorgeous! Unfortunately I've never been there yet.
But except that, most of the cities put like 5 decorations in a city, and usually we don't hear so many christmas songs in stores or in cafés. For example in Paris, only 3 places are pretty well-decorated : The Champs-Elysées, The Eiffel Tower, and Les Galeries Lafayette (It's a huge mall, like Macy's in the US, or maybe a bit bigger). Usually it's pretty crowded there at Christmas.
The cool thing is TV channels air all the christmas movies & cartoons (like the Disney Movies, Home alone, How the Grinch stole Christmas, Gremlins, Jingle all the way, the Santa clause ...)


Rumor has it London is also pretty-well decorated, but I've never been there at Christmas. I don't know how much people celebrate Christmas in other countries, so if you want to talk about it, feel free to do it by letting comments.


Anyway, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!!

Here are some photographs I took recently : My decorated room, and the Champs-Elysées two weeks ago. I also made 2 videos of the Champs Elysées, enjoy!














































































































































No comments: