Friday, November 21, 2008

The beginning of a new life?

Freaking goood news: I GOT A JOB!!!! Damn it, I’m so relieved!! The whole thing about looking for a job was really stressing me out!! The huge financial crisis didn’t help…


I’m going to be a Marketing assistant in a huge international company, and I’ll start working next Monday. I’m so looking forward to finally working!! The job seems really interesting, and the team very nice! Plus, the company is 15 minutes far from my home by walk, it’s perfect for me!! I’m really motivated and excited about starting working, but I’m also kinda nervous, I hope I’ll be capable enough. Wish me luck!!


One month ago, I went to Caen for a week end, to visit some good friends of mine. We really had a blast! I haven’t been there for 11 years… such a long time!! I finally met the husband of my friend who is lovely, we saw the sea (I -and my coat ^^- ate a Nutella waffle, yummy!! But I think I had an overdose of Nutella this we), I rode a horse (Last time I did, I was 6)… We also attended a fancy-dress double birthday party (Happy B-day C&A!!), I dressed as an angel, Rose Marie as Strawberry Charlotte (She also smelt strawberry!!), Carotte as a carot (^_^), Orianne as an angel, Orianne’s husband as Captain Haddock (from Tintin), Anthony as a spider… There were also a Cleopatra, a cocoon, the Adams family, a cow girl…All the costumes were wonderful! I really spent an awesome week end!!



A few weeks ago, I also saw 2 musicals in Paris:

- Edward Scissorhands : I attended the show with Jaouhara and my mom. It’s BEAUTIFUL!! There was no song, only music, it was like a ballet. Edward Scissorhands is my favorite movie, I do love the story, and I also love the OST, so I loved this musical!! It was stunning!

- Grease: It’s a French adaptation of the movie, it was pretty fun, the only bad thing is almost all the songs (except the most famous) were in French, and it’s so weird!! I love the movie, and I know very well all the songs in English, so I was a bit disappointed when I heard the songs in French (I definitely prefer the English lyrics).


In two weeks, I’ll attend with my family the French adaptation of the musical The Lion King. I saw the American version in NYC, and it was awesome!!! I hope the French version is as good as the American one!!


I also met a cousin (that I never saw before), he stayed in our place, and my mom and I made him visit Paris. It was nice to finally meet him!



When we visited the area of Chatelet, we saw several artists that could draw your portrait. So I struck the pose, and here it is:


Personally I think it really looks like me, this artist is very talented! What do you think?


And here are all the movies I saw in movies theater (from the end of July):

- X Files: the movie: I didn’t like it. It was just a thriller, but with Mulder & Scully in. I think the movie

doesn’t have the same mood as the TV show.

- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: I liked it! There was action, it was funny, and the storyline was

great. It’s just weird that another actress played the character of Evelyn O'Connell

- Dorothy: I didn’t really like it. I thought it’d be scary, but not really, it was just very weird, and slow!!

Actually I’m disappointed in the storyline.

- The Dark Knight (twice): I LOVED it!! The storyline is very good, and I especially loved it because I didn’t

expect that end (I never read the comics). And Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker!

-Le Premier jour du reste de ta vie: I liked it!! I thought the storyline could be slow and a bit boring but

finally it wasn’t at all. It was interesting!

- Babylon A.D: I liked it!! Very entertaining!

- Mamma Mia: I loved it!! That’s not surprising, I love Abba songs, I already saw the musical when I was in

NYC, and I loved it too! This movie was refreshing! Meryl Streep is amazing (she moves well!!).

- Mirrors: I liked it! But when I watched the movie, I was so scared!! I’ve been traumatized by the scene

where the girl was killed in the bath… I’m still having nightmares about it..

- Manipulation: I liked it, but the storyline was a bit slow.

- Jar City: I didn’t really like it. I was expecting something else, something scarier. The storyline isn’t that

good and it’s very slow. It wasn’t original.

- The Life Before Her Eyes: I didn’t like it. Actually the movie was quite good, but it’s also quite slow, and the

end is very disappointing (in my opinion).

-The Accidental Husband: I liked it! It’s a girly movie!! And I like the actors who star in this movie.

- Faubourg 36: I liked it! The storyline was quite simple but I loved the atmosphere, the old Paris… And some

good actors star in it.

- Entre les murs : I liked it. But I don’t really get why this movie won the award in the festival of Cannes.

- Cliente: I liked it

- Go Fast: I liked it! I spent a great time, it’s very entertaining!

- Vinyan: I hated it! Slow, no goal, no action, I was really bored!!

- Righteous kill (twice): I liked it. The storyline is good but I expected something better. But I really do like Al

Pacino and Robert de Niro, they’re very talented!

- Blindness: I liked it. There were some slow parts, but the storyline was great!! If we think about it, it’s kinda

scary, how we would react if it really happened…

- Le Crime Est Notre Affaire: I liked it. It’s an adaptation of the Agatha Christie book. The storyline was

interesting, and it was also pretty funny! Plus, there were some great actors.

- Coluche: I didn’t really like it.

- High School Musical 3: I liked it. It’s not the movie of the year, but I like musical movies, and it’s pretty

cute! And Sharpay is funny haha

- Quantum of Solace: I liked it. Well, I like the James Bond movies. It’s hard to follow the storyline because I

didn’t remember well the last movie. The actors are amazing (Daniel Craig is very charismatic). The storyline

is good, but not as good as the old movies, and it’s disappointing. But the movie is very esthetic.

- Body of Lies: I didn’t really like it. I wanted to see this movie because some good actors star in it, but I don’t

really like war movies. Plus, the storyline is quite slow.

- The Visitor: I liked it. This movie was very moving!

- Vilaine : I liked it. It was hilarious! I spent a really good time!

- La Très Grande Entreprise : I liked it, it was fun!

- Bouquet Final: I liked it. It was hilarious. Seriously I recommend it!

- The Duchess: I liked it. No surprise, I like this kind of movies

- Les Grandes Personnes : I didn’t like it. It’s very slow, there is no goal, and the end is disappointing.

- Two Lovers: I liked it. I was pretty moved by the storyline…

- Musée Haut Musée Bas: I liked it. The storyline is original, many talented actors star in this movie, and it’s

pretty funny!!

- Changeling: I loved it!!This movie was so sad!! And it’s worse when you think that’s based on a true story…

It’s just unbelievable!! Angelina Jolie was very convincing in this role! And John Malkovich is also a very

talented actor! The movie lasts 2h20mins but you don’t feel it. Very touching movie!!


I’m so excited because Christmas is coming!! Ok, I know it’ll be in one month, but whatever, I’m in Christmas mood. My mom already decorated our entire apartment, our balcony too, and of course set the Xmas tree!! It’s beautiful!! I love Christmas… I love Christmas decorations… I love to listen to Christmas songs… I love Christmas trees… I love walking around in Xmas markets… I love buying gifts for people I love… I love the Xmas spirit!! It’s magic!!


Anyway haha, it’ll be Thanksgiving in a few days, so Happy Thanksgiving to all the American people!!

No comments: